Today we depth going to talk about a visa issue with the Fiancé visa | k-1 visa of a u.s citizen this visa allows the fiance to enter the u.s to marry the u.s citizen within 90 days of arrival.
The k1 visa also known as the fiance visa is a non-immigrant visa that permits. the u.s citizen foreign-born fiancee is to enter the united states to marry their partner to get a k-1 visa the u.s citizen.
Fiance will file form i-129-f in addition to other steps that we’ll discuss later your u.s citizen fiance is the petitioner.
So the person filing the petition and the beneficiary is the person who will benefit from the petition getting a k1 visa can be a complicated process.
You must meet specific eligibility requirements and you must follow precise steps if you fail to file paperwork correctly or complete the necessary steps your case may face huge delays or even worse denied.
Now to get the Fiance visa | k-1 you generally have to fulfill the following criteria
- So first you have to be engaged to a u.s citizen.
- You also have to have the intention to marry within 90 days of entering us.
- You have to have proof of the relationship before the engagement
- You have to get married in accordance with u.s laws while in the u.s on that k-1 visa.
- you and your u.s citizen fiance must have met in person at least once within the past two years (although exceptions do apply to this requirement which you know these exceptions can be granted if you can prove that the u.s citizen would face extreme hardship to come and visit the fiance and extreme hardship can be shown by way of cultural customs or other factors such as the kova 19 pandemic)
- Any you know previous marriages that either of the individuals have had must be legally terminated.
A general list of the documents applying for the k1 visa
So here’s a general list of the documents that you’re going to need to have with you when applying for the k1 visa at an embassy or a consulate abroad.
- So first you’ll want to have a valid passport that has more than six months you know after your intended entry into the u.s.
- Your two recent u.s visa photographs so those typically look like passport pictures.
- The form ds-160 confirmation page confirmation code.
- the interview scheduled letter.
- the approved form i-129f.
- Criminal background documents.
- Divorce or death certificates in case of a previous marriage.
- Evidence of the relationship with the u.s citizen.
- Medical exam documents.
- proof of payment of any fee. (so typically proof of payment of the ds160 fee)
Terms of register for the Fiance visa | k-1
Now in terms of applying for the k1 visa typically. this fiance visa application has a few steps that both fiances must follow citizens must first obtain permission from uscis to bring and sponsor.
Their foreign citizen fiance to the u.s if uscis grants this permission then the foreign citizen fiance must apply for the k1 visa stamp at the embassy or consulate abroad. Which I briefly touched on before so as to get a petition approved from uscis.
You generally have to go through the following steps now as previously mentioned you will need to file form i-129-f .
Which is filed with uscis for which uscis will then process the petition. where the official will go through the evidence of the relationship whether the parties do intend to get married in the u.s . Whether they will fulfill the eligibility criteria.
If both the u.s citizen and the foreign citizen’s fiance fulfill their requirements then uscis will approve the petition and send it.
It to the national visa center so to NBC where NBC will then inform the embassy or the consulate that’s closest to the foreign national fiancee. where that individual can take the steps to make an appointment and apply for the k-1 visa
Now it’s important to note that you cannot obtain the k-1 visa without an approved i-129f
Now when applying for the k-1 visa following criteria
- Fill out form Ds-160
- Schedule the visa interview
- Complete medical exams
- Compile all of your documents File
- Attend the visa interview
Now the ds-160 form is a non-immigrant visa application with the Department of the State that requests information about your personal information.
If you plan to go to us when you submit it you will get a confirmation page as well as a code from there you can then schedule.
You to know us visa interview and then you can attend that interview typically. If you are between the ages of 14 and 79 you will have to do the interview.
Where you will receive the interview appointment confirmation like I said once the appointment is scheduled
Now it’s important to note that you will have to complete a medical examination. So if you’re so just generally speaking if you’re traveling to the u.s and especially.
If you’re planning to apply for a u.s immigrant visa in the future. You must have a licensed physician conduct the necessary medical examination. So the doctor must write a report stating.
Your current health conditions and since the fiance will get married soon and apply for permanent residence.
It’s also advisable to get the necessary u.s required vaccinations to complete that medical exam and furtherance. You know long-term being a grade card holder.
Now when compiling all of your evidence and furtherance the interview. You do want to present the required k1 visa documents.
Your immigration lawyer will assist you, but it’s similar to the documents previously submitted and additional documents about the ds 160.
Attending visa interview steps
The next stage is to attend your visa interview so during the interview. You’re going to want to show your documents.
You’re going to be answering some questions that the official will be interviewing you on. So typically.
They’ll ask questions about your relationship with us citizens and other details about your background and your intentions in the united states.
Refuse Fiance visa | k-1 visa-specific reasons
Now the big question is whether a k1 visa application gets rejected so the answer is yes in various circumstances. so some of the specific reasons.
Why an application may be rejected:
- Include involvement in criminal activities
- Such as drug trafficking
- Human trafficking
- Animal trafficking
- If you’ve submitted falsified documents
- If you’ve overstayed in us on a previous visa
- Broken any other u.s visa laws
Fiance visa | k-1 visa processing time
Now let’s talk about the k1 visa processing time so the overall time that it takes for the k1 visa to process will depend on many factors including current uscis processing times and how busy the consulate or embassy at your location is and it will most likely take many many months.
So you’re definitely going to need to plan ahead and expect delays if you’re especially. if you’re planning a wedding in the u.s and generally speaking these delays can be the result of partial or full closures of immigration offices’ caseloads at those immigration uscis offices’ further investigation into your background into your criminal history or other administrative delays.
Interviewing important questions for the Fiance visa | k-1
Now once you get to the stage where you will be interviewing for the k1 visa it’s important to really be prepared for some of the types of questions that may add that they’ll likely ask you specifically are:
- What is your name?
- Your date of birth?
- Where were you born?
- How old are you?
- What is your nationality?
- What languages do you speak?
- Do you have any children?
- Were you previously married?
- If so then how many is the previous marriage officially over?
- When you enter us, you know what are you seeking to do.
- Have you ever been in us before if so on what status have you ever been arrested have you ever been convicted of a crime?
- what is your profession?
Among a lot of other questions that they may ask
They may also ask questions about your u.s citizen fiance such as:
- Your fiancee’s full name?
- Date of birth?
- Where was your fiance born?
- Where do they currently live?
- What do they do for work?
- Whether your fiance has ever been married before?
- whether those marriages were terminated?
- whether your fiance has any children if so how many et cetera?
Other questions that they can ask about the relationship
- Where did you meet your fiance?
- how did you meet have you ever visited your fiance in the u.s?
- Has your fiance ever visited you outside of the u.s?
- where did you get engaged?
- did you have an engagement party?
- how did your fiance propose?
- how did you propose?
- if you were the one that proposed it?
- how was there an engagement party?
- how many times have you and your fiance met in person?
- How often do you communicate with your fiance?
So these are the general questions that they’ll ask and they may go into more detail depending on your answers it just varies on a case-by-case basis
so making sure that you are prepared for the interview is very important and will make the difference of whether. the Fiance visa | k-1 visa is approved or not so to conclude. The k1 visa is a unique visa that enables the fiancé of a U.S. citizen to enter the country in order to marry their spouse and eventually acclimatize. their status in the u.s to that of a green card holder.
Now that you are aware of this, you need to have a much better understanding of the numerous facets of the K1 visa, such as the requirements and procedures for the visa benefits.